About the Journal
The Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo was created in 1959 by professor Luiz Rey, the editor until 1964 when he was succeeded by Prof. Carlos da Silva Lacaz. Professor Thales de Brito became the editor in September 1985 until 2015, and he was succeeded by Prof. Thelma Suely Okay.
Published in English, the journal is devoted mainly to research on different aspects of tropical infectious diseases. The Journal welcomes original work on all infectious diseases, provided that data and results are directly linked to human health.
Published bimonthly since 1959 without interruption, the Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo has as target audience of health professionals working in major Brazilian and international research centers and Universities, Hospitals etc., representing one of the oldest Brazilian publications in this area.
Rev Inst Med Trop São Paulo is the abbreviated title of the journal that is to be used in references, bibliographies, footnotes and bibliographical strips.
Past issues from 1959 (v.1) on can be accessed HERE!
Revista do Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo is abstracted or indexed in Brazil and abroad by:
- Biological Abstracts
- Index Copernicus
- Periódica – Índice de Revistas Latinoamericanas en Ciencias
- Protozoological Abstracts
- PubMed Central
- Review of Medical and Veterinary Mycology
- Sumários de Revistas Brasileiras (Sumários.org)
- Web of Science
All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type BY-NC.
The journal is published with the financial support of the following institutions:
- Comissão de Credenciamento do Programa de Apoio às Publicações Científicas Periódicas da Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Programa de Apoio às Publicações Científicas do Ministério de Ciência e Tecnologia (MCT) and Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)